Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Life Must Go On!

Last week, 2 faithful ladies, members of our church had passed away. One because she was old (91 yrs), and another one was because she had been keeping something in her mind for months. Well, both were faithful church members we can never forget. All families and relatives of them both must be very proud of them. After all, we can say that both had received all the peace and joy that God only can provide in heaven above.

Okay, I won't talk about the old one. I just want to share with you about the younger lady that God had called home to be with Him. She was such a faithful lady. She was diligent, always got involved in any church programs, willing to be a volunteer if needed, and had a great faith in God. But one thing I regret about her death was she couldn't give up her life and her cares to God. She always felt that everything was her responsibility and she had to bear all problems on her shoulders herself. She always said that she had been a faithful follower of God but she couldn't stand those problems for any longer. She regretted many things in life. And all thing she wanted was just die. Yeah, she always repeated that to us. No matter how many advices, counsels or strengthen words we told her, she kept the death idea in her mind. She did have a heart disease for years, but it had never bothered her as she hadn't be bothered by her minds.

I don't believe if someone says that age is in God's hands. Yup. That may be right. But it also depends on how we spend our lives. Actually, we can cast all our anxieties and worries upon Him. But, it's still be our choice. We can also keep those problems in our minds instead. You may remember when I wrote here that I intended to suicide because I wasn't able to stand for my life for any longer. At that times, I supposed that I wasn't afraid to facing death at all. I was ready. Indeed. But for now, after seeing what had happened with my beloved sister in faith, I doubt it. I started to rethink and reevaluate my life. What is my life for? Is it worth it to fight for? And finally, I came up to a conclusion that my life is precious indeed. No matter what may happen to me, I have one life and have to do something with it.

Oh my.. how a death could awaken us and change our point of view about life! I'm not thankful for the lady's death, but I'm thankful that through that, I was reminded that life is too short to spend with crying and blaming and regretting and disappointment and any other bad feelings.
Yup.
Life must go on..
What will you fill your life with?

No comments: