Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Best Is Yet To Come

Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he,
I am he who will sustain you.

I have made you and I will carry you;
I will sustain you and I will rescue you.
Isaiah 46:4, NIV

I want to be a better person day by day. I know, it's not easy. So I try to learn something new everyday, read more articles, do many things needed, and mostly, read my Bible.

You know what, at some point I thought that life pressure would beat me down. There were times I couldn't see God and even I wasn't able to sense His presence. Seriously. I know, you may think that I'm a little bit exaggerating or yeah.. something like that, but it is true. I am telling you the truth. I have been feeling so abandoned, forsaken, lonely and empty. Although I keep reading my Bible as long as I can. Although my family has been so nice and has never abandoned me in real meaning.

Yeah.. you may be bored reading my murmuring and complaining post. But hold on.. Through that circumstance, slowly but sure I began to feel that God has really been watching me. He started to make a move for me. Slowly. I don't know how to say it, but I sensed that God always works in slow motion for me. In many times, He even made delays in many parts of my life. Perhaps He also works that way in this circumstance. God only knows..

My Bible reading for these past 3 days has brought me some enlightenments. There were verses that I've known so well suddenly showed up and sounded like I've never heard before. Things started to be revealed for me. And I thank God for it. I just have to learn that God makes everything beautiful in His time. Not my timing, but His. Oh, I have to admit, it's so hard to keep up with God's plan. It's not really fun to give yourself up for Him can take the lead without knowing where your journey is heading to. No, it's not easy for somebody like me who always wants to see the reality before believing. But probably, through this way I supposed to learn that I have to believe Him even though I don't see anything.

Probably, like Abraham, against all hope, I have to dare to trust God what only God could do in my life. The verse above was one of what I heard God said clearly to me. He will sustain me even to my old age. Isn't it wonderful? If you ever felt abandoned or forsaken, you must be understood the power of this promise. By then, I know I'm in progress. I just won't to be stuck in wherever I am. I want to make a move with Him. I want this life to always be in progress with Him. If I'm not able, I know He'll make any big leap or any breakthroughs or anything needed for my growth.

Yeah.. this isn't life I signed up for, but I still hope and keep hoping for the best. For the best is yet to come.. :).

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Hi there! I really like your blog. I am adding you to my list. I look forward to reading more of your writing. I just LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE reading blogs!