Monday, September 28, 2009

GOD WHO PRAYS FOR US

"Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."
Luke 22:31,32, NIV

I read these verses on our Sunday Service this morning. And although I've read and have heard these verses for several times, this morning I sensed something different in my heart.

I have known that Satan has been over and over attempting us. Yes, we knew that already. Even he asked to sift us as wheat -just as Bible told us. So, many people had fallen and descended into the trap of sins. Even they're living in that sinful ways. But thanks to Jesus who have prayed for us. He knew already what will be happening. And He had foreseen our weaknesses and our easy-to-attempt natures, yet He prays for us. What a huge thing A Mighty God can ever do for His creatures!

I can't say how much I felt grateful this morning. Realized that I had God who prays for me has rocked my world. Yeah, I may not be perfect, but I am guaranteed in His hands. And He even accepts me just the way I am, remembering the fact that I'm living in the world which define its identity based on all 'superficial' things. (You mention it!:)).

9 I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours.
15 My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one.
John 17:9, 15, NIV


Thank God for being my Lord and my God.
Thanks Jesus for praying for me.
My life is in Your hands..

No comments: