Monday, March 09, 2009

Extraordinary Challenge for Extraordinary People

Have you ever asked Lord the question 'why do this happen to me?' when you face a big problem? Or when you face something you think you can't handle by your own power?

Yeah, we tend to blame our circumstance whenever we encounter hard times. We think that we can't handle it, we are inadequate, we aren't strong enough, wise enough, and so many reasonable statement will be spoken out from our mouths.

Joel Osteen said in his sermon that our problems define our greatness and our future. We aren't average, we aren't ordinary people so we won't face average or ordinary problems. God won't allow us facing an extraordinary problem if He knew that we can't handle it. But, because He knew that we're extraordinary, and we aren't average so He puts extraordinary problems in front of us, so that those problems won't becoming our obstacles, but our stepping stone toward our successful.

I have to admit that it was so true for me. For so many times, I always measure my problems with my own power. I always think that I wasn't able. I didn't have great wisdom to face big challenges that often come into my life. I wasn't experienced enough. I've been feeling so young, stupid and immature. I used to forget that God is always 'behind the scene' to set everything for my goodness. Everything comes into my life has its own purpose to shape and mold me in order to be an extraordinary person in God's hands.

The bigger is the challenge, the bigger should our hearts become. The harder is the problem, the great also will our characters become. We can't deny the rule. No extraordinary people will face average problem. No, because our measure isn't our own power, because we're limited indeed, but we are walking with The Extraordinary God who isn't limited by our borders.

Anytime you feel that you're facing an extraordinary problem, just remember that you are an extraordinary person. All you need is simply putting on the whole armour God has given to you.
Put on the helmet of salvation: change your mindset. You're not a victim, but a victor. Don't blame it to your pasts, your family or your circumstance. No, one thing we can control freely in life is our mind, so ask The Lord to change your mind to understand His pathways.

Put on the shoe of peace, so you can take a walk with peace over your heart. People may talk about you behind of you, but you can let it go and your eyes keep looking right on, toward your bright future.

Put also the shield of faith on, because without faith we can't see The Lord. I believe that God has so many wonderful and mighty things for us in store. But all depends on our way of thinking. So let's keep our mind positive so we can see the great things God has prepared for us to enjoy in life.

Don't be afraid of the future. If you know for sure Who is walking with you, and you have asked Him to take the lead all along your journey, you'll be sure that your journey will be safe and blessed. You may fail, you may be stumbled, but God never fails. He holds you in His hands, He keeps you safe and He guarantees your future..

From now on, let's face the extraordinary problems with our new mindset by looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, that we are the extraordinary people of The Extraordinary God!


Inspired by Joel Osteen's sermon.

No comments: