Tuesday, October 14, 2008

SELF ACCEPTANCE

Many today have found that acceptance of their real selves is definitely a not-too-easy thing. So did I.

Somewhere in the past, I used to believe that my parents accepted me just because I did a good job, or because I had a good manner, or because any thing I did that pleased them. Shortly, I felt accepted if I was doing good only, not because of who I really was. And, unfortunately, I felt the same way about God. I thought He accepted me because of any good things I did, or because I didn’t distract from His ways, or because I walked in love with all my neighbors. I used to look at my parents’ face to see the value of myself there, but I barely found it. As they disappointed, I knew that I wasn’t valuable enough. I wasn’t accepted the way I really was. And so if I got distracted, or if I did mistakes in my life, or if I started to get mad to somebody, I started to feel that I wasn’t accepted by anyone, including God. People would always have hated me, left me abandoned, and I’ve got to feel rejected.

So sad, wasn’t it?

Wrong perception of self acceptance will govern one’s behavior. It will also mess up his/ her life. It diminishes confidence, faith, even hope for future. Oh, what a really important issue is the way we accept our selves!

As time went by, I started to see God’s love. He showed Himself up to me and got me think that I had been wrong. In Him I’ve always been accepted, no matter who I am, what I do or how I look, the superficial things which have always been being my way to accept other people. I realized that God knows who I really am, even before I was born. Even when I failed Him, He won’t stop loving me. Even when I fell, His plans for me won’t be failed. Even when I was wrong, or coincidently displayed my weaknesses, He let me know that He’s strong and He would direct me through the way He wants me to go.

The acceptance of myself doesn’t depend on how I look or what I do anymore, but more depends on how great He loves me and His willing to die for me. I know that someday I’ll be fallen, I may fail Him, I may do something silly, I may still full of weaknesses, but as big as my stupidity, as that big is His love for me. I know it for sure. I am acceptable, not because of anything I’ve done, but because of the great things Jesus Christ has done.

For whoever who are still in process of their selves acceptance, if I may recommend, simply come to the place where anyone is always welcome. Anybody is accepted in Christ, no matter what ever happen to them in their pasts. You don’t have to be perfect to come to Him, all the thing you need is just your willing to believe. It’s that easy.

No comments: