Thursday, October 09, 2008

The Freedom Writers

I believe everyone has a story to tell. And the story will depend on how you look at the life.

I, myself, at some certain points, finally realized that what I used to do in my past was just looking back and regretting my life, even for something I should proud of and thankful for instead of doing something useful through all experiences I had!

Few days ago, I watched 'The Freedom Writers' (a film based on a true story) and felt inspired. How could this Erin Gruwell took the hardship as an opportunity instead of 'just hardship' to change her students' lives? When I watched the movie, I intended to change my point of view. I wanted to change the way I see my life.

Probably, like most of us, I always demand from my surrounds. I demand other people to understand me, forgive me, and try harder for me. I felt like I was drinking the water from the well of Jacob, although I definitely knew it would never have satisfied me. What I did was just to draw attention for me, and anything I did or thought or felt or what really matters was all about me. Myself. I have trapped in doing 'something good, not something godly'. I've run millions of miles without ever gain something important, because I have just run on a treadmill, in other words, I went nowhere ever since.

I realize now that the way we can make something happen isn't the way we ask or take from life, but the way we give. It does what really matter.

I admired Ms. G (the name her student called her)'s courage and strength and constant intention to make a change on everybody's lives (in her class). And she made it. I recently got the idea that life isn't all about us. It's about cope with the problems, about fighting, about asking for God's will, about helping other people and about give a contributions to others' lives. Sometimes life isn't about asking what you will, but about accomplishing God's purpose in your life. Without these things, we'll feel empty eventually.

Oh, if only more people have willing to contribute a little more effort, passion and time in others' lives, probably this world will never be the same. As Paulo Coelho wrote on his novel, 'one happy soul will make the world better'.

If you are one of those who are asking for what to do in your life, don't just look for what you can do or what needs in this world you can meet, but please, ask for what God has specially provided for you to do. It's far more better, important and fit for your life and for your ministry. Don't just be trapped there doing something you can do well, but do something you can do the best.

If you haven't watched this movie, I highly recommend it for you. Let's get inspiration from anything inspiring and let see what we can do to 'make it happen'.

If you should write your life's story, what kind of story you'll tell the world?

Let's make this world a better place..

No comments: