Thursday, May 15, 2008

I Saw A Rainbow!

Few days ago, on my way to a prayer service, I saw a rainbow. I was very overwhelmed. I sat in awesome feeling about God's greatness and might in the seat of my car.

Oh, my...

It must have been so long since the last time I saw a rainbow!

I've just remembered God's covenant with Abraham that neither shall the flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood, neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth (Gen 9:11, KJV).

I suddenly remembered a story that Laurie Beth Jones wrote on her book (oh, I forget which book it was!). She wrote that she had a little covenant with God when she was a teenager. She asked God to encourage her in her darkest night by sending her a bee as a sign of His favor. She almost forgot about it 'till someday she had to do her hectic job, almost been desperate, and felt so exhausted. Suddenly, in surprise she saw a bee flew over the window of the hotel room where she stayed. It was so snowy outside, so cold and it was impossible for bees to fly at that moment. (Just think about it: a bee in a hotel room?). But she did find it. And she knew for sure that it was God who had sent the bee to encourage her.

Oh, isn't it interesting?

I think I'll make a little covenant with God, too. I'll ask for a rainbow to peep out for me in my hardest moments. As I see the rainbow, I'll be sure that God is there with me (and hopefully, I'll always be favorable in His sight!). As simple as that. (Well, I know for sure that God is always besides me. But sometime I do need evidences to encourage me more....). Thank God for being so full of mercy and grace!!

I think sometime it's necessary to use something simple to remind ourselves about God.

How about you?

No comments: