Monday, July 06, 2009

The Journey Has Begun..

Well, as I wrote, I intended to go through a spiritual journey for 21 days. It's not to be shown off, I just write here in order that I can be responsible for this decision.

Know what, I've been struggling with discipline in various areas in my life. Procrastination is my middle name. I will prefer anything comfortable than anything worth trying. So far, I found that I'll go nowhere if I just do exactly what I've been doing over and over. I have to change. I have to make progress in any areas in my life. Spiritually, physically, and any other important areas!

By doing this, I hope that I can acquire wisdom to know God's will for me. I have no idea about what God wants me to do with my life. Honestly. I'm not speaking about it generally, but personally. If God wants me to do or to be something, I supposed He should reveal it to me personally.

These are two things I will do: perform Daniel fast (if you interested, you can read the explanation about it here and here), and record my development in my journal. I've promised to blog it, but I'll keep it personal my personal thing.. :). I like Ann Voskamp's writing about journaling as a spiritual discipline. You have to check out her blog. It has useful and interesting articles on it!

My purpose to do this are : just getting closer to God, be healthier (we have to keep the spiritual and physical life balance, right?), know exactly the purpose I live on this planet, and.. be discipline in any areas in my life: exercise, prayer, journaling, writing, and build good habits. Yeahh.. without discipline, I'll get nothing!

Please pray for me. I know it won't be easy. But it's all worth trying..
Can I become a better person in just 21 days?
Let's see.. (eww, this is the biggest self challenge I've ever made!).

No comments: