Monday, July 06, 2009

Day 1 -- Got A Soft Reminder!!!

Today has been in good mood. Everything seems to be okay. Hopefully it will last forever, at least till I finish this 'journey'.

My reading was taken from Proverbs 6 this morning. I use to read 5 chapters of Psalms, 1 chapter of The Proverbs, some of The Old Testament and some of The New Testament everyday. So far, verses that resonated with me was from Proverbs 6:9-11.
9 How long will you lie there, you sluggard?
When will you get up from your sleep?

10 A little sleep, a little slumber,
a little folding of the hands to rest-

11 and poverty will come on you like a bandit
and scarcity like an armed man.



Oh my.. maybe this is the first thing I need to work up in my life. Yes, I hate to admit this but it's very true. I'm a real procrastinator, like to spend my time doing something I like, not something useful. This verse has been haunting me all day long, you know! Eventually, I conclude that God is preparing me to receive His blessings. But I need to change first before I can take it from Him.

Yeah.. however, The Bible is God Himself, so I have to follow whatever He wants me to do. I'm re-evaluating my life right now, so if there's something I need to change, therefore it must be me!

I missed my french toasts and a cup of coffee, the breakfast menu we use to have here. Oh, can't believe I could do it willingly.. :)

When I watched 'The Answer' -a TV program which broadcasts Christianity programs- (it was like a coincidence -I'm not a TV lover!- but I believe that there's no coincidence in God! He has set and planned everything perfectly!), the hosts were talking about life calling that got me think. So far, I've been so confused about my life calling. Have no idea. Then the host said that to find our life calling, we can ask to ourselves, what our passions are, in which way we can bless other people, and what thing you really enjoy doing it, even though any other people say it's pretty hard to do.

Yeah, honestly, writing has been my passion. Every time I write, I sense God is smiling to me and working through me in His strongest power. I loooove to write and anytime I read my writings, I can sense something wonderful fills in my heart. I know for sure where they come from (they were granted to me from heaven!). I know my life is fulfilled then. It brings me a wonderful joy I can't explain. I always be grateful anytime people emailed me or messaged me, told me that my writings had inspired and encouraged them. You know, it has always been a joy, joy, joy, joy (once is not enough! -smile-) in my heart.

I don't know what's next. Let Him guide me through His Holy Words. Look forward to know what's in His heart for me (after the 'soft reminder' from Prov 6:9-11!)

Speak, Lord, for Your servant is listening..

No comments: