Sunday, October 12, 2008

BYBS - Something I May Not Understand Now (But I Will Hereafter)

'What I do thou knowest not now, but thou shalt know hereafter'
John 13:7

This is the verse of our Bible reading this morning. Yes, I have to admit it. So often, I have no idea about what is on God's mind when He allows something bad happens in my life. I'd like to ask Him this kind of question 'Why me, Lord?, Why don't You stop this pain?' But the answer, as you may know, is commonly silence.

God seems to be silent and put no attention of what I am facing. For so many times, I have to struggle alone, without any guide or clues or counsels. I often questioned where was He in that kind of circumstance. Now I understand about yeah, why does He allow bad things happen in good people's life like me :).

I learn that every single day is a chance to take an action. A chance to make a choice. A chance to do God's word. A chance to show my kindness. A chance to do something good. Even, when I'm in trouble or pain.

God does work in His mysterious ways. I've never understood why He wouldn't just tell me what on earth He's designing for my life. Why He keeps the secret for Himself about what awaits me ahead. Why He keeps silence for a while (that sometimes feel forever!) and doesn't answer my prayers. When you walk through all the pain, you know that it's uneasy to hold on your faith and keep focusing to where the journey is heading for. You'll be focusing on the pain and the hardship you are facing.

Well, when I read the verse above, I immediately realized that, yeah, my life is just for a while, a temporary life, it's not forever to be here on this planet. My focus should not be on what I suffer here, but on the glory I'll receive if I can pass through the tests, whether in my life here or later in eternity. I may not understand what's in God's mind about what is happening to my life, but His promise that I shall know hereafter is enough to make me hold upon Him. Simply having this insight has relieved my desperate soul. I know that this journey has to begin with a step with God. A giant step by myself alone means nothing compares to a baby step with Him. From now on, I promise to keep alert to whatever He wants me to do. I believe if He leads me through a way, He'll give me the strength to finish the journey. I haven't finished my journey yet, I even have no idea which way He'll guide me to, but one thing I know, He's leading me to a perfect beautiful destination He wants me to be. Although I have to pass through all the darkness to be arrived there, I know I'll be safe and secure, cause I know He's always there for me.

God bless me with everything new. I am thankful for everything I have in my life, including anything one can't buy with money. I know what I am to do, live a life that will spread out peace, goodness and love, things I can't do if I don't have it within myself. Like I ever wrote here, I want to contribute something good to this temporary life. I just want my life to be an inspiration to encourage other people to know God and develop a deeper relationship with Him.

Probably, count my blessings will be a good way.. :)

Happy Sunday, everyone!

1 comment:

Sue said...

You need to come visit my blog, I have bestowed an award on you and your blog!!

http://myroadasitravelit.blogspot.com/2008/10/my-first-award.html

Sue