Monday, October 27, 2008

BYBS - My Life Now and Then


Actually I planned not to post this meme. My life has been complicated these few past days so it's a bit uneasy for me to count my blessings. But then I realized, yeah, life must go on. We can't just sit there remembering the pain and bitterness, cause we'll left so far behind then. Life will always go, leaving all of those who don't want to walk with it.

Couple days ago, my publisher sent me a sample of my book that will be published. Well, at first, I thought that it was just an ordinary book so I didn't have to check it out immediately, moreover I had soooo many things to do. But you know, when I opened the email and looked at the book sample on my laptop, OMG... I was speechless. It was more beautiful than what I could ever imagined. Honestly. I supposed that I have a good feel and good taste in judging something. And I always have reasons to criticize many things I encounter in my life. But that time, I had no words to say at all!

Well, this book has been my prayer for a long, long time. And God has answered me. Ones may consider a published book as an achievement or kind of, but I don't. I prefer to believe that it's a perfect gift from above, and cometh down from The Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning (James 1:17).

This book will always be an evidence of God's mighty work in my life. Cause I know myself well enough. Who am I? Where I came from? Nobody knows. It isn't too important so ones must know it, till God brings me His miraculous wonderful works. He grants me the talent to contemplate about many things, and to write it down as a result of my loneliness. I'm an introvert so you can imagine what type of person I am. A loner, so you can count my friends with your fingers because I do have not much. There are times in life that I regret many things when I looked aback, but now, when I figure out what has happened, I understand that God has done everything to form and shape my life. While I'm still in His process, may I have to pass through the bads, the bitterness, the pains, the grieves or any other not-so-good thing, but now I start to see His perfect ways.

I have no idea about what awaits me next, but I believe He'll never leave me or forsake me. He guarantees my life. Even before time began, my life was in His hands. So I supposed that He'll accomplish His great works in me. I just want to become what God created me to be. My life is not about me anymore, but I am about to live out God's purpose in me. I know it's far greater than my own fulfillment, my career, or even my happiness. I was once distracted out from His way. I knew that I wasn't about to do His will, but I kept pushing on it. Afterward, after experiencing life without God's guide, I eventually knew that it was a great mistake. I was really sorry but I couldn't return anymore.. So that's why I realized indeed the importance of the continuous walk with God.

If you supposed that you have no certain purpose to live out, why don't you ask your Creator? As what Rick Warren says in his book Purpose Driven Life, you didn't create yourself, so there is no way you can tell yourself what you were created for. All you have to do is, begin anything with God, cause it all starts with Him. For in Him we live, and move, and have our being (Acts 17:28).

Don't forget to count your blessings!

Happy Sunday, everyone..

4 comments:

Blue Panther said...

Congratulations on the book!!!

My best wishes are with you and I am sure the complications in your life will sort out very soon.

PERBS said...

I'm glad you decided to post after all. I was like you and thought I didn't have a blessing this week because of circumstances but I turned it around and it became a blessing for me. Hope you will drop by.

Congrats on publishing a book!

Marsha said...

It sounds as though you have much to be thankful for. Congratulations on your book!

Blessings. Marsha

CyberCelt said...

All the best to you as a published author. That is an achievement that will always remain with you.

If you do not want to post for BYBS, no one says anything. However, from personal experience, I can tell you that you can always find a blessing in your life.