Sunday, August 03, 2008

Your Mission Starts Where You Are

Sometimes we're tempted to think that our current position / job / situation is a barrier to our mission, but, in fact, it is where it starts. Paul said, "Each one should retain the place in life that the Lord assigned to him and to which God has called him." This doesn't mean that we should never change jobs or move, of course. It does mean that if my mission cannot start here, where I am, it cannot start at all.

This is a devotional I've just received from Zondervan. It has encouraged me so much. In some ways I often feel like what was written above. I hope that something better should happen before I can 'do my part' in life. But now I know that nothing good will happen. The good will only come if I have willingness to change my paradigm and keep strong to go that way.
Yeah, I agree with this quote: If my mission cannot start here, where I am, it cannot start at all.

How about you?

2 comments:

wayfarerjon said...

You are so right, if we cannot be a witness where wee are then we cannot move on. I live in a small village and everone sees what's going on and that is a real challenhe.

wayfarerjon said...

You are so right. If we can't be a true witness where we are we cannot move on. I live in smsll village where everone sees what's going on and that is a real challenge!