Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My Prayer Journal

I read Becky Tirabassi's book 'Let Your Prayer Change Your Life' and got inspired. She motivated me through her book to take certain time to get connected with God. To be honest, I read my Bible daily, not because I love it, but because I think that is an obligation I have to do daily, so I read and read and read my Bible everyday, over and over but often I forgot what I've just read or fell asleep.. oh my.. (feel guilty).

Now I try to be more discipline in spending my quiet times. I record my prayer (hopefully I can record the answer also for my own progress. At least, it'll support me to prepare more time to be in God's presence, wait for His will and get closer to Him and increase my faith upon Him). Also I record the verses that grab my attention. I'm sure those are the words God is speaking to me personally, anytime I need it. And I keep a journal of written conversations with Him instead of my daily journal (yes, as you may know, I like to write about anything!).

I encourage you to do what I've been doing. No, not because I'm worthy to do it or I supposed that I've achieved a great achievement or what, but I just think that it's such a great idea to record our prayers and verses that come personally for us. The journal will record our faith's progress and we'll discover much more things about our real selves. In what things usually we fall, what things make us be thankful, or how the way God works in our life personally (these are just a few things we can discover about our relationship with God). So -in my opinion- it will be easier for us to make a self introspection. How do we know how long usually it takes for God to answer our prayers without recording it? (I believe God has a certain pattern for each of us!). Or how do we know how to 'repair' our bad habits without knowing or understand all of those one?

After all, when I started to record all of my ponderings, feelings and experiences I got in Him, I feel that I'm growing a deeper relationship with Him. Isn't it wonderful? I promise myself to spend more time to be in God's presence and record any wonderful thing He has done for me. (Unfortunately, journaling isn't a habit here in Indonesia! People here don't use to read and journaling) .

I wonder how God can work through everything to give His mercy and goodness for us. I am thankful for all the spiritual books I've read. May God bless all the authors who have shared their experiences in Christ with me..

No comments: