Monday, June 16, 2008

BYBS - Remembering God Moments


I thank God for our Sunday Service this morning. The praises and worship were so great. I sensed God's presence and that was so wonderful. Even, the sermon was beautiful, interesting and I could feel as if it was God Himself spoke through to me personally. Well, this may sound uninteresting for you, but oh, the Words were so simple yet so true, encouraged and conformed me. To be frank, I almost lost my faith to Him, but through His affirmation words this morning, I feel I've got the new strength I've been searching for..

Our reading was taken from Matt 28:5-9. But I emphasize at the verse 7 'Behold, He goeth before you into Galilee, there shall ye see Him: lo, I have told you' (KJV).

Why did Jesus told the disciples to go to Galilee?
1. Because there was the place He showed up Himself for the first time (Matt 4:12-17).

2. In Galilee Jesus did His miracle for the 1st and the second time (John 2:11, John 4:54) and manifested forth His glory. He just wanted His disciples to remind about His marvelous works there. When we are facing something hard so that our faith seems to be 'half past dead', just remember His wonderful works in you to raise up your faith..

3. In Galilee Jesus called His first disciples. He just reminded them to remember about their calling. The moment wasn't as simple as we can imagine, cause before He called them, the fishermen had toiled to fishing all night long with no result, but when Jesus told them to launch out into the deep, and let down their nets for a draught (Luk 5:4, KJV), they did it anyway, and they got a big catch that day. So was the day when Jesus died, Peter who was disappointed and afraid intended to go back to fishing (and all of his friends were went with him), but the same story repeated. They caught nothing, until Jesus stood on the shore and told them to cast the net on the right side of the ship.

I believe when Peter knew that He was Jesus, he might be remembering his failure. The same story, failure changed to succeeded, nothing changed to many things, that's all because of Jesus.
This all reminded me about all of my failures without Him. Anyhow, there were times I try to do many things as if I can. I've just realized who was I till I met the failures. Till I saw Him stood somewhere close to me, looking at me in His wonderful grace..

I am blessed to hear His Words. Especially to be reminded about His goodness and His great, mighty and marvelous works in me. I know for sure that His love is such an unending and unconditional love. Can't show you clearly how The Words has blessed me. I was thrilling. I was trembling. I was speechless before Him. Because He understands me much more than any other people, He knows exactly what I need and He comes through for me, whatever my circumstance is, and He sends me His word to direct me, in order that I won't be distracting out from His way. Every way He does, He always be perfect in timing. Am wondering how can He does all the perfection for each of us!

Oh, thank God for sending me His words. That makes my life different!

Don't forget to blog your blessing!
Happy Sunday..

2 comments:

Sue said...

It's always good to read something so inspiring Kris. Any time God moves in someone's heart is a good time.

Keith said...

Praise God He still moves our hearts