Sunday, May 18, 2008

BYBS - The Hardship Is Worth It


To be honest, I am facing what may worth to be called the darkest moment in my life. There's something too personal so that I can't share with you here. But I just try to keep looking for the positive perspective in everything happens in my life. I just believe that everything happens for a reason.

Sometime even I think I just too much pursuing something unreal in my life. But, well, let's see what next. I won't pushing myself so hard. I'd definitely like to enjoy this life as well, just like any other people. Or, okay.. it may just something I have to face. Supposed that it's just a cross I have to bear. Life can be uneasy and unkind for most of us.. :).

What keep me walk straightly in these times is just a philosophy of gold. Gold will still be gold anything you do to it. The more gold is refined, the more precious it will become. Also, gold can be used for almost anything. It can be used in food, in restorative dentistry, can be made into thread and used in embroidery, in photography, for medals, is used also as the reflective layer on some high-end CDs. Automobiles may use gold for heat insulation also. You can read about the more about gold here. Probably God is preparing me to do something much bigger than what I can think through this hardship. He is refining me to be something precious in His hands. That's the reason I still survive!

Like Job's statement
But He knows the way that I take;
when He has tested me, I will come forth as gold.
Job 23:10, NIV

I have no idea about what God has in store for me. But one thing I'm sure is that if He leads me through this way, then He'll give me the strength I may need to go through it. The heavier is the cross, the bigger will be the reward. Probably I have to go through all kind of oppression, bitterness, griefs, and many thing seems I can't bear with my own strength, but I know that's all worth it..

I don't know where's this journey directed to but I let God to take the lead. So I'm sure if something unexpected happens, He'll be responsible for it. It makes me feel blessed. I know that He makes everything beautiful in its time. For He wounds, but He also binds up; He injures, but His hands also heal (Job 5:18, NIV). Nothing happens by accident in His hands. He must have a certain purpose for me though I haven't seen it clearly. All that I need is just patience. Any hard times must be worth it in my journey with Him.

I am blessed because I have God who always sees me.
I am blessed because I can see this hard life in His perspective (though to be honest, it's often uneasy to live that kind of life!:)).
I am blessed because I have a great husband who completes me.
I am blessed for knowing that someday, all of this pain will be paid off in Him.
Amen!

Happy Sundays!

3 comments:

Andree said...

Hi, Kristine. I can tell that you are in a crisis. I hope it is resolved soon and I hope that you have somebody with whom you can share your fears. I tried to skip that sharing part and I am paying for it now. Nothing horrendous, but not fun. And I am finding that sharing pain relieves it. God gave us friendship and companionship for times like this. We have to learn in order to get their support. You're in my prayers.

Bobby said...

Yes, it is nice to "share the pain", it's even more important to share that problem so that you can have people praying for you. People can’t be praying for you if they don’t know what the problem is.

My wife has a completely confidential prayer request section on her blog, http://prayerform.blogspot.com/

God bless you Kristine and I will be praying for you.

Sue said...

I've been away and didn't know but I'm thinking of you and sending a prayer up for you.

I know that in hindsight I can look back on some of the things I have gone through in life, times when I was really low, horrid things happening, not having any positive perspective on it, and see that God DOES allow us these times for a reason. After all, if no Christian had experienced hardship and trouble and pain, how on earth could we relate to someone?

It's hard to see when you're in a bad situation, but hang in there, God can and probably will (if you let Him) use your coal to create a diamond.