Saturday, April 05, 2008

How to Get Connected with God


Once in my life, I've been being asked a question 'How do you get connected with God?'

I had to think for a while before answering that. I thought I had gotten connected with God already considering all the way I'd been through. But, I wasn't sure. I thought for it for moments and caught up the message eventually. Definitely, not the big things that could bring me closer to God, but very often, little things use to inspire me seeing the mighty power of my God, Lord of hosts.

Here are the way I get connected to God. If you feel that you've been being so far to God or don't have a good relationship with Him yet, please consider this.... may be it can help.


1. Behold the stars

Can you imagine what would nights be without the stars above? They are all so beautiful and amazing. But above all, we are much more precious rather than each of them. Remember when Psalmist said

'When I look at the heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars that you have established;
what are human beings that you are mindful of them,
mortals that you care for them?

(Ps. 8:3-4, NRSV)


When I behold the stars, I always remember God' s covenant with Abraham that He would made him exceedingly fruitful. I keep this promise in my mind and I believe, as God had blessed Abraham with so many blessings (Bible says that The Lord had blessed Abraham in all things Gen 24:1), He'll do the same for me. So I trust Him, whatever my circumstance is, God will always be mindful of me!


2. See the nature's beauty

We all know the beauty of nature. If you see it, remember Who has created them. Don't ever think that they was insanely happened by accident.

When I play with my pet, I like to imagine what's actually in God's mind when He created dogs. What was in His mind when He created a peacock? Or when He put wings to a bird? Or when He pointed out the stars? Or grows a tiny seed to become a mighty tree? There are so many miracles in nature.


Oh, and don't forget to consider how might tsunamis, earthquakes or floods could offense our lives! Doesn't the nature reflect His mighty power?




3. Look at the mirror

Not to look for who's the most beautiful in the world, but to look at the greatest miracle and the masterpiece of God, Our Creator. There's none like you in the world, there's only one you. So, give thanks for your well being. Trust me, He created you for a special purpose that irreplaceable, only you can fulfill it. So, ask Him about it and trust Him with all your heart.


4. Think about your problem

When we face a problem, we would understand that weren't defeatable. We are just as weak as a lamb. We have no idea what to do. Often, we can see God from such a hard circumstances. Remember that He never promises that everything will always be okay, but He promises that He'll be with us whatever storm we're walking through.. Problems often lead us to get closer to something higher than ourselves, and remind us that we need the greatest power from heaven to solve it all. We could never bear our problems alone. But don't ever give up your life. He is mindful of you!


5. Pray, pray, pray

How come you know someone not by talking to him? It's the reason why we should pray all the time: to get connected to Him and to know Him better.

Furthermore, whenever you call Him, He listens to your voice. He knows you. He understands your tears. He sees how hard your burdens hit you. He'll always come through for you and He has so much blessings in store for you.


6. Read The Bible

The Bible is His Word, and His Word is Him Himself. It keeps the secret of God's best plan that much more better than you could ever think.


7. Make every single day counts

We like to wait for a miracle to be happened in our lives. So we overlook little things surround us. We forget that the sun shines every morning for us. We forget that the oxygen is available anytime for us, and even our hearts always beat without any problem in it. Aren't those little things worth to be called a miracle?


Each of us have a life to live. But, by keep waiting for a big miracle, we'll overlook the blessings we received in every single day of our lives. If we wouldn't be able to choose the right attitude, we'll loose the chance to get rewards from life. I think God saves some of those little surprises for those moments in which we choose to do the right thing.


Instead of waiting for something too far to be reached, let's walk forward one step at a time. Make every single day counts. Don't forget to count your blessings!

1 comment: